GIFTS FROM MY SISTERS ( ARTS AND CRAFT) BY MIABO ENYADIKE


My last visit to my country was really an interesting one, since I had not been home in a while. It turned out good and was indeed a lot of fun.





TRADITONAL
HEAD SCARF(GELE) TURNED INTO MAKEUP PURSES.


 I had the opportunity of visiting art galleries and enjoying the art I saw, from a tourist point of view and then it hit me, I knew I really missed home and the art culture in Nigeria.










ASO-OKE FABRIC AND WAX PRINT 
TURNED INTO TOTE BAGS.


Well after I had my little pity party in my mind, in my heart I was glad at how far the art culture in my home country had grown.




OLD GUIPURE LACE ON GLASS VASE

 My sisters, who have always supported my art no matter what, didn't hold back when I requested for all their old traditional scarves, fabrics and so on.




OLD LACE WITH STONES REPURPOSED ON GLASS VASE

 They gave me all I needed. They may not have understood  why I needed outdated traditional clothes,
 but one thing was certain for them, it would be turned into art. So I present to you gifts from my sisters. ENJOY.....



                    OLD GUIPURE LACE ON GIFT TAGS


                      MIABO
      www.artmiabo.com

Comments